Sunday, April 3, 2011

I am more than the sum of my parts: Slavery

I am more than the sum of my parts
I am more than my fetishes and fantasies
I am more than the books I read or the music I listen to
I am more than my gender
I am more than the reflection that looks back at me from the mirror
I am more than that which other people see
I am all of these things and more,
these things and other tiny fragments combine to make me whole,
And the fragments are only revealed and shared when you decide that you want to know me.
People say they want to know you but only when it fits into their ideal world.
You cannot have a slave without a person,
Unless you only want a fantasy.
Collars and chains and shackles are only symbols,
And worthless in themselves.
Slavery given freely does not bind you.
It turns on the light in your soul.
When it is accepted and cherised and nurtured it can only set you free.

No comments:

Post a Comment